Boujad rugs are handwoven pile rugs from a small region in Haouz between the Middle Atlas and the Atlantic ocean. The weaver has placed several rows of knots on and between several wefts and used colorful, bold hues with striking traditional symbols. This creates a unique catchy composition of amazing patterns, producing an unusually rich free form. Each one-of-a-kind piece tells a different story, making references to fertility, rural life, marriage, spiritual beliefs or life. The beauty of this rug is timeless and blends in every home decoration. The technics used in this weaving are absolutely excellent, beautifully decorated with many colorful symbols and vibrant details. Boujad rug will add balance and charm in any interior design style.
● Dimensions: (200 x 335 cm) – (6′ 6″ x 10′ 11″ feet)
● Weight: 12,5 Kg
● Region: Middle Atlas, Béni Mellal-Khénifra
● Style: bohemian, mid-century modern design
● Colors: byzantine purple, bubble gum pink, turkish blue, cream
● Material: wool
● Age: estimated 1970’s
● Pile: medium/low pile
● Shipment: free worldwide shipping via DHL, FedEx or UPS
● Payment: Paypal, CreditCard, Bank transfer
Please note: Take in consideration that you will acquire a handmade product and not an industrial work made by machines. There may be slight imperfections in the shape or pattern as this is a vintage item, but all our rugs are professionally restored by our local artisans and washed before they are shipped.
1 in stock