Ait Bou Sbaa rug, from the Ouled Bou Sbaa tribe, ”Bousbaa” what means ”Lion”, is a nomadic tribe living in Morocco and Mauritania, as well as in Western Sahara. They practice, commerce from Senegal to Marrakech. The tribe most recently arrived in the region, claims a Chorfa origin. Their traditional history was important in the landscape of the Mauritanian tribes and their amazing one-of-a-kind carpets has acquired more wealth and power in the recent years.
● Dimensions: (142 x 356 cm) – (4’7″ x 11’8″ feet)
● Weight: 9.3 Kg
● Region: Oulad Bou Sbaa, from Essaouira to Chichaoua and Marrakesh.
● Style: geometric, Sahara desert, nomad, tribal
● Colors: orange, tan, brown, violet blue
● Material: Wool
● Age: estimated before 1999’s
● Shipment: free worldwide shipping via DHL, FedEx or UPS
● Payment: Paypal, CreditCard, Bank transfer
Please note: Take into consideration that you will receive a handmade product and not an industrial work made by machines. There may be slight imperfections in the shape or pattern as this is a vintage item but all our rugs are professionally restored and washed before they are shipped.